Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2015

4-20-15 post: Satisfaction

Question/Comment: I always have some goal, something I’m striving for. I’m never satisfied.  Is there something wrong with me? I don’t know if I have ever been just happy where I am at any given time? 

Response: Most people are not ready to stop in their tracks and coast for life after achieving some goal.  Goals make life interesting and lead us to create, learn and share.  The urge to find and accomplish a new task would seem to be innate in human beings. There seems to be a welling up within that leads us to pursue a goal. This can take many shapes and sizes.  

A founder of a small social group can be just as driven as a founder of a great charity. A world renown artist and a quiet small town potter can both be just as driven, just as inspired.  I would say, take the time to enjoy each of your accomplishments, large and small. Then let the next project well up within you.  As long as you are taking care of your responsibilities and yourself, why not pursue your goals?


Having a project can help keep your mind active, your creative juices flowing and your joie de vivre in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment