Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

2-27-15 post: Enjoyment

Question/comment: I am not a very happy person.  I don’t see what people find to laugh about and I don’t enjoy “doing things.”  I’m not depressed or suicidal; life is just not fun.  I just work my job, do my chores and housework and do it all again.

Response: Do you allow yourself pleasure in life? When is the last time you took time to just play.  Adults need to play, too.  Have you ever just taken a walk on a beautiful day, gone to a park to be surrounded by nature, read a book you enjoy? What do you enjoy? Do you allow you inner child to play? Did you play as a child? If you did not have the opportunity, then you will have to learn to play, now.  You can begin by appreciation.  you need help with this, Louise Hay is a good resource for learning how to appreciate. Look around you. Do you have shelter? Be grateful. Do you have clothing, be grateful. Do you have food? Be grateful. You have a job, feel gratitude for all it affords you, all that you learn there and all you are able to give. You can read and write, be grateful. And, so on. As, I learned from Louise, there are always things to be grateful for and the more you notice this and focus on it, the more good things you bring into your life.  It is about what you allow yourself to receive and in what amounts. Fun, happiness, good things, joyful events are awaiting you, do you allow them it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment