Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2015

 8-15-15 Post: Who’s In Charge?

Question/comment: I feel like there is no time for me because I have so many things that I to do and so many people to spend time with.

Response: Who sets your schedule? Maybe it’s time to look at which activites are most important. Are there somethings you do that don’t really benefit you and you dont even really like doing them? Are these things necessary or is someone depending on you?  If others need you, can anyone else do the activity or at least help you do it? Can you eliminate some of the activities?

Also, can you consolidate socializing engagements? Which of your friends can mix together pleasurably? So, for example, can you have lunch with two or three friends at the same time instead of lunching with each of them separately?

It is very important to have time for rest, creative activities, being alone, and reading; sometimes you need to be able to do nothing. One of the most important things we do in life is to just stop and be. Just be.

Maybe it is time to start asking yourself, “What do I need? What do I want? How do I want to use my time and energy? How can I begin to provide these things for myself? 


The underpinnings for all of this is self love, self respect and self care. What do you believe you deserve? Change often takes courage and the will to succeed. It can be done and with the best interest of all concerned in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment