Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2015

8-6-15 Post: Adversity

Question/Response: I find myself in very difficult times financially. I don’t know how I got here and I keep beating myself up over being a failure.

Response: Kicking yourself will not help. This is the time to love yourself the most. While learning from your past actions and choices is important, chastising yourself for so called mistakes is a waste of time. Any negativity you feel toward yourself and your situation will only distract you from making positive changes.  

Look for solutions and helpful people. Let go of what you can and build where you can. Imagine the results you want and how help is going to come to you. Take help where it is offered and love yourself enough to ask for help. Take note of who can help you in what ways and then ask for and or accept that help.

Loving yourself is primary. Valuing and appreciating all of your accomplishments, all that you have given to others and your own uniqueness will make you feel good about yourself. Then you can let your creativity soar. This is the time to plan and begin new projects. Having lost what was makes room for what will be. 

How you define your situation is very important. See this in a positive light and nurture yourself on your new path. Let go of resistance and ask how you may love yourself to your next success.

Say things to yourself like:
“I love you and I will take good care of you.” 
“I will take care of you; I have never failed you yet and I ‘m not going to start now.”

Ask yourself, “What do you need? How can I help you right now?” 

There has never been a successful person who did not have some failures and some adversity along the way. Every successful person has accepted help from others. Don’t let pride get in your way. How you handle your current situation is the test. Will you love yourself through it? Will you accept love and assistance from others?


No comments:

Post a Comment