Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2015

7-5-15 Post: Creativity

Question/comment: I feel that my creativity is stifled by my life and all of my obligations. I miss my creative side and it makes me want to chuck everything and go find myself.

Response: It may not be necessary to go to extremes or to give up one aspect of your life to give more attention to the other. Can you find a way to carve out some time for yourself each day? If you can do that and just begin to relax, your creativity can begin to express itself in more obvious ways. 

Think about what things relax you, maybe walking, reading, yoga, meditation, a lingering bath, talking to friends or strangers? For everything that has been stopping you from expressing more creativity, create an affirmation for yourself that states you can manage both aspects of your life and then use those affirmations. This in itself is a creative process and will assist you in bringing more balance into your life.   


Notice your surroundings and yourself; begin to notice all the ways your creativity has been expressing itself. Are you expressing creativity in positive ways? What simple or small things can you do to express more creativity in positive ways? As with most things intent and follow through combined with self love and flexibility will take you where you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment